Follow Me on Pinterest!

Follow Me on Pinterest

Sunday, August 23, 2009

Dumbass Question of the Day

Okay, so I decided that this was a must read and it needs to be posted when they arise, which is commonly on a daily basis. Just about every other day (sometimes once a day) I overhear or am asked one "Dumbass Question", whether it be from my kids, family members, friends or complete strangers. Things that make you go "Hmmmmmmmmm".With that said, I am posting the first "Dumbass" remarks made to me by my children yesterday and today. Sometimes I will attach a short story, sometimes I will post my replies, sometimes both. I am sure it is just not me that will be left befuddled and bewildered by these statements. You be the judge.

Yesterday:

FACT: Sarah had a job interview scheduled between 2 and 3 pm. It was a group interview and she and her friend Candice were both invited to participate.
FACT: I think I have met Candice-once.
FACT: Candice just got her drivers license last week. She has been borrowing her mom's car for the past few days so that she and Sarah can look for jobs. Sarah has no drivers license, nor will she for a while at the rate she is going.
FACT: Candice's mom was getting an oil change and they had just started. It was 2:35pm.
DUMBASS QUESTION: Sarah tells me that she is going to be late to the interview and proceeds to say: "So mom, I was wondering, Candice knows how to drive a stick so can we take your car?"
FACT: Only three people have ever driven my car besides me - Miranda, Suzy and Loren. With the exception of the mechanic, Will pulling it in and out of the driveway and teaching John how to drive a stick around the block.
ANSWER: HELL NO!

TODAY:

Allie had asked me last night to take her to the library to get some books today. I agreed. I drove her and Sarah there. In the car on the way there, she finds an old lipstick that had melted into the cap in my purse. She tells me about it, at which point I tell her to throw it away. And I shit you not at that moment she looks at Sarah's cracked windown and replies "Now? Out the window?". My reply - "Yea Allie, throw that .99 cent lipstick out the window so I can get a $500 ticket!".

No comments:

Post a Comment